Newport News Public Schools 2018-2019 CTE Teaching Positions in Newport News, Virginia
2018-2019 CTE Teaching Positions
Newport News Public Schools
12507 Warwick Boulevard
Newport News, VA 23606
Instructional - Position - Teacher
This posting is for CTE teaching positions including: Marketing, Business, Family & Consumer Science, and Technology Education.
Job Summary Position is responsible for creating a classroom environment that develops skills in Career and Technical Education courses.
- Teaches content and skills in courses, utilizing curriculum designated by Newport News Public Schools.
- Instructs students in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of Newport News Public Schools.
- Adapts material and methods to develop relevant sequential assignments and lesson plans that guide and challenge students.
- Develops lesson plans and supplementary materials compatible with the division's basic instructional philosophy and congruent with course standards; provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student and subgroups of students.
- Evaluates academic and social growth of students, prepares report cards, maintains appropriate records to include attendance reports, checklists, census forms, and other recordkeeping activities as necessary.
- Encourages students to think independently and to express original ideas.
- Evaluates each student's progress in meeting the course standards for skills.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive classroom environment.
- Communicates with parents and school counselors on student progress.
- Supervises students in assigned out-of-classroom activities during the working day.
- Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of student activities.
- Administers testing in accordance with division testing practices.
- Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required) Must possess a Bachelor's or Master's degree in education or a related field. Must be eligible or possess Virginia Collegiate Professional License or Postgraduate Professional License with appropriate endorsement. Must possess ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, parents, & the public.
To see the full job posting for Marketing Teacher, please visit: http://sbo.nn.k12.va.us/hr/jobs/descriptions/Marketing_Tchr.pdf
To see the full job posting for Business Teacher, please visit:http://sbo.nn.k12.va.us/hr/jobs/descriptions/Business_Tchr.pdf
To see the full job posting for* Family & Consumer Sciences Teacher*, please visit: http://sbo.nn.k12.va.us/hr/jobs/descriptions/FamilyandConsumerScienceTchr.pdf
To see the full job posting for Technology Education Teacher, please visit:http://sbo.nn.k12.va.us/hr/jobs/descriptions/TechEdTchr.pdf
Salary subject to change based on School Board approval of FY 2019 budget.
The Newport News Public Schools prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy and childbirth, marital status or any other basis prohibited by law. (Reference: School Board Policies 2-33, 4-4, and 4-6).
Job Number: 3700111936
Open Date: 11/21/2017
Closing Date: 12/31/2018
Reports To: Principal
Salary Rate Range: $43, 250 - $70, 219*