Virginia State Government ADJUNCT - Health, Physical Education & Exercise Science in Norfolk, Virginia
Norfolk State University is seeking applicants for Adjunct Professor in the Department of Health, Physical Education, and Exercise Science. Reporting directly to the Chair of the Department of Health, Physical Education and Exercise Science, incumbent’s duties and responsibilities include:
- Teach theory courses within Exercise Science and Health and Physical Education major; teach basic health courses, exercise science, kinesiotherapy, and fundamental of fitness courses; mentor and advise subject majors.
- Maintain active involvement within the department, professional development and college-wide committee work. Program areas in the Department include health fitness; exercise science with a concentration in nutrition; and health and physical education. The Department offers educational opportunities in teacher licensure and non-teacher licensure programs. All teacher licensure programs are approved by the Virginia Department of Education, accredited by the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education.
*First review of applications and material shall commence immediately and continue thereafter until final candidate is selected. For more information on the department, visit https://www.nsu.edu/education/hpeexs/ .
* EEO STATEMENT*
NSU is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons and applicants, without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, political affiliation, genetic information, race, religion, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy) or veteran status. NSU encourages and invites minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
- Master’s Degree required with clinical experience required; Doctorate in Exercise Science/Kinesiotherapy or related field preferred.
- Possesses considerable knowledge of and skill in areas of Kinesiotherapy/rehabilitative science, health education and physical education, health fitness, aquatics, nutrition, dance and recreation with a broad knowledge of the remaining disciplines.
- Skilled in the use of instructional technology and computer software related to rehabilitative exercise.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate to a diverse student-body audience, both verbally and in writing, with emphasis applied to a commitment to diversity.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, manage, and evaluate a long-term rehabilitative exercise program for people transitioning out of medical treatment and physical therapy programs.
- Teaching experience in several of the following areas required: biomechanics, health/wellness.
- As delineated above.
Candidates may show interest by submitting via online, the following:
- A statement of your Philosophy of Teaching (via cover letter)
- A current Curriculum Vitae (via resume)
- Complete Commonwealth of Virginia State Application
- Official transcripts (unofficial transcripts accepted, however, official transcripts are required of finalist) (via transcripts)
- Three reference’s (name, phone, email,) via references.
Address your documents to:
Office of Human Resources (Adjunct-HPX) Norfolk State University 700 Park Avenue Norfolk, VA 23504
Special Instructions to Applicants
Candidates may show interest by submitting, in its entirety online, an application and all required application material.
Applicant is solely responsible for ensuring application and material thoroughly reflects their knowledge, skills, and abilities, as it relates to the advertised qualifications.
A complete application, including all previous employment, salary history, and education, for full consideration, must be received online by 11:59PM of the “Job Close Date.”
Applicants who list “see resume” or “see Curriculum Vitae” in lieu of completing the application may miss the opportunity for full consideration.
NSU conducts background checks on all candidates identified as finalist for employment. The type of background check(s) performed is dependent upon the type of position for which you have been identified as a finalist, which may include: criminal history, sex offender registry checks, reference checks, degree validation, driving records, license verification, credit history review. The results of background checks are made available to University employing officials. You will be required to sign an Authorization to release form.
Office of Human Resources
FAXED APPLICATION MATERIAL IS NOT ACCEPTED.
EMAILED APPLICATION MATERIAL IS NOT ACCEPTED.
MAILED APPLICATION MATERIAL IS NOT ACCEPTED.
Working Title: ADJUNCT - Health, Physical Education & Exercise Science
Role Title: Adjunct Professor - 01011
Job Open Date: 07/27/2016
Open Until Filled: Yes
Is this position funded in whole or in part by the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act (Stimulus Package)?: No
Hiring Range: Commensurate with credentials and expereince.
Agency: Norfolk State University (213)
Location: Norfolk - 710
Position Number: A-HPX
Job Posting Number: 1014938
Type of Recruitment: General Public - G
Does this position have telework options?: No
Bilingual/Multilingual Skill Requirement/Preference: No
Job Type: Hourly/Wage
Job Type Detail: Wage/Adjunct Faculty- W-2
Pay Band: UG