SAIC Fleet/Joint Training Plans and Resources Support Program Analyst, USFF Job in Norfolk, Virginia
Fleet/Joint Training Plans and Resources Support Program Analyst, USFF (Job Number:433181)
The Engineering, Integration, and Mission Solutions Market Segment, in support of the Defense Systems Customer Group, currently has a career opportunity for a Fleet and Joint Training Plans and Resources Program Analyst to provide support to U.S. Fleet Forces (USFF) Command in Norfolk, VA.
The individual in this position will provide training program analysis support and serve as a training plans and resources program analyst and action officer for the USFF Fleet/Joint Training Directorate (N7). Program Analysts have experience at the senior level including supervisory experience. In general, program analysts review program (specific) data, evaluate program plans/changes and assist in the preparation of documents with various senior-level, civilian and military stakeholders. They are able to analyze program information, strategize plans, produce quality analytic work in the form of information papers, white papers, briefs, and executive correspondence and effectively present the results in a clear and concise manner when required. Program Analysts utilize time and government furnished equipment/information to accomplish their tasks successfully and promote program efficiencies. They are subject matter experts (SME) in their fields of expertise.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced program analyst and subject matter expert (SME) in U.S. Navy training plans and programs, including fleet training systems and processes, training ordnance, training range operations, aerial, surface and sub-surface targets, and live exercises. Staff experience and a working knowledge or understanding of data bases required for Fleet training plans to ensure pre-deployment and sustainment requirements are met for deploying naval forces are highly desirable for this position. In addition, he/she will have at least two years of applicable Program Analyst experience in/with:
• U.S. Navy training operations, policy, doctrine, systems, and staff procedures
• Managing/ prioritizing projects involving stakeholders
• Leveraging best practices and handling multiple tasks and interruptions with minimal impact on productivity/deliverables
• Conducting fleet training analysis/assessment to identify gaps, training needs and solutions
• Public speaking and providing presentations
Specific Functional Area duties include:
• Assist in the development of Fleet training plans and programs, including training systems, training ordnances, targets, and training range operations.
• Provide assistance with maintenance and development of future data bases required for Fleet training plans to ensure pre-deployment and sustainment requirements are met for deploying forces.
• Review and recommend changes to current and future Fleet training plans, services and programs in accordance with USFF directives.
• Assist in the development of Fleet training plans and impacts to training support, services and programs.
• Review and recommend changes to the Fleet training plans and provide beneficial input/recommendations that will better satisfy the training missions.
- Must be a U.S. citizen with a Bachelor of Arts or Science degree and Secret clearance.
• Active military duty experience at the senior enlisted or mid-grade officer level or higher.
• Four (4) years of technical and general Program Analyst experience (six years in lieu of degree will be considered)
• Two (2) years of applicable Program Analyst and Functional Area experience (see detailed tasks above).
• Must possess proven written and verbal communication skills at the junior management and senior executive level, and be able to act independently.
• Experience in use of MS Office (e.g., Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) products.
- Experience as an Echelon III (or higher) staff officer.
• Working knowledge or understanding of data bases required for Fleet training plans.
• Comprehensive understanding of all phases of the FRTP and Optimized Fleet Response Plan (OFRP).
• Familiarity with Fleet Training policy documents, including the Fleet Training Continuum (FTC) and TYCOM Training and Readiness manuals.
• Understanding of the Fleet Training Command and Control (C2) structure.
- Current DoD Secret clearance REQUIRED. *
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jan 2, 2018, 5:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-NORFOLK
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job