DaVita Registered Nurse ( Hospital Services RN ) in Portsmouth, Virginia
Provide the highest level of care across one or more of our hospital units and ensure your patients' safety, comfort, and well-being with a patient to nurse ratio typically not more than 2:1.
As an Acute Hospital Services Registered Nurse at DaVita you are on your toes working in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment with new challenges to trouble-shoot and overcome daily. Your sense of purpose and accomplishment at the end of each day is powerful.
You are the dialysis expert and the hospital staff relies on your expertise. As an Ambulatory Health Care RN you will be held to the highest standards (‘The Gold Seal’ by The Joint Commission) of patient safety and quality of care.
What can you expect as an Acute Dialysis Staff RN at DaVita?
Patients - Help your patients, when they need it the most.
Patient care is our top priority and we look for teammates who share our commitment to Service Excellence as well as Continuous Improvement. You can build your career in nephrology and practice multiple therapies (Peritoneal, CRRT, Apheresis, etc.) as an Acute Nephrology RN at DaVita.
Independence - Manage your patients on your own in a hospital setting.
As a teammate in an acute setting, you will typically be the only dialysis nurse in the hospital during your shift. You are not alone though. You will work very closely with the hospital staff each day to assess, troubleshoot, and make sound decisions for critically ill patients.
Intensity - Expect the unexpected.
No two days are ever the same for an acute dialysis nurse- long days and on call are required. The setting is dynamic and each patient's needs are unique. (Be sure to ask your recruiter about the commute range for this position.) When you walk in the door each day you don't know what patients you might have, their condition, when you will get them or when you will be done for the day.
"I love problem solving and the challenge of the role of acute nursing. I get a lot of respect from the doctors and my team." - Ginny E.
The shining star for an Acute Hemodialysis Registered Nurse will have:
Current and valid Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state where practicing required
Willingness to work a flexible schedule with mandatory overtime required due to the nature of the acute treatment you are providing. Long days without notice also required.
Hemodialysis nursing experience- preferred
Medical/surgical (Med/Surg), Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Critical Care Unit (CCU), and/or Emergency Room (ER) experience - preferred
Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN), Certified Dialysis Nurse (CDN) and/or Certified Hemodialysis Nurse (CHN) - preferred
Graduate of an accredited nursing program required; Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN), Bachelors of Science in Nurse (BSN) and/or Masters of Nursing (MSN)
Current Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification required; Advanced CPR certification - preferred
Basic Life Support (BLS) and/or Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) -preferred
Experience assessing, trouble shooting and making sound recommendations in stressful situations
Physical Requirement: nurses often have to push/pull large hemodialysis machines around the hospital with little or no assistance
Excellent communication skills to listen and communicate with patients and teammates
Multi-tasking skills, with great time management and prioritizing capabilities
Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook required
Have Questions? Contact the recruiter Allison.Kasper@DaVita.com
Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of your patients and work autonomously in an environment where you make the decisions? If so, we'd like to speak with you.
Visit http://www.careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.
What we’ll provide:
• In-classroom and hands on training: if you are new to dialysis, we’ll provide a 9-12 week paid training and the support to guide you through to becoming a nephrology nurse.
• Opportunity for a nursing career for a lifetime. DaVita is committed to providing robust development and experience for nurses. Whether you chose to remain in a patient facing/caregiving role or grow (leadership operations, corporate functions, integrated care, clinical research), we can guide you on that journey.
• Education assistance and license reimbursement: annual $3,000 tuition reimbursement and potential $25,000 scholarship opportunity. CNN and CDN certification reimbursement.
• 3000+ locations across the U.S. for wherever life may take you.
• Comprehensive benefits package: including medical, dental, vision, 401k plan, $2,500 cash gift for new parents, back-up child and elder care and so much more
• Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of practice; Graduate Nurse pre-licensure available in some locations
• A desire to deliver care in an empathetic, compassionate way. You know, the way you’d want your own care to be
• Experience assessing, trouble shooting and making sound recommendations in stressful situations
• Excellent communication skills to listen and communicate with patients and teammates
• Associates Degree in Nursing (A.D.N) from accredited school of nursing required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N); three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be substituted for nursing degree
• Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook
You might also have (a.k.a. nice-to-haves):
• Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Critical Care Unit (CCU), Emergency Room (ER), or Medical Surgical (Med Surg) experience
• Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN) or Certified Dialysis Nurse (CDN)
Ready to make a difference in the lives of patients? Take the first step at https://careers.davita.com